Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Sitting here listening to Coltrane and remembering Camden and the summer I spent there. Never wanting to come home. It seemed like it was yesterday but in reality it was so long ago. Not one thing would I change about that summer. I remember coming home only to go back 3 days later....I also remember crying when I went back to college for it would be a long time before I saw you again...They say hindsight is always 20/20. We can always say what would've been the best thing to do, but at the time, well... I wasn't the person I am now. I've grown up so much. I'm a mother now and a business woman... I just wish for one minute that I knew then what I knew now. Maybe we would've been a family, maybe we would have been so happy. But deep down inside I believe that I had to go through all the things that I went through. It made me a better person. Maybe you had to go through all you went through. Maybe you didn't realize how much you loved me until it was too late.

I didn't want that summer to end... I miss that hot house and sitting you watch cut hair all day...I miss walking to the corner store to eat...I miss meeting all those people and the laughs we shared. I miss your brothers and your sisters...For eventhough they didn't know me, they treated me like family. Sometimes I felt like because you had no kids that I was your baby. Haven't really met too many people that spoiled me so much. No matter what, I will always remember that summer and I will always remember how much you meant to me. Maybe there is a future for us, but if not, then know that I will always love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet