Saturday, November 16, 2002

Thank GOD I live in a majority Black City. I don't know if I could take a surburban area. I have nothing against white folks, but black folks do stuff a little different. My sister lives in PA, and while visiting, we went to the grocery store. The lady in front of us was loading her groceries, and I asked her to pass the separating bar. Twice. And twice she ignored me, finally the cashier handed it to me. Now, I know she heard me yall. Had we been home, I could've cussed her out right quick. But I figured I would hold me tongue. No need to get locked up in surburbia hell. Now, I know what you thinking, Is Jeri racist. No way! I'm just use to things being a certain way. You couldn't take a white surburban person and stick them in the ghetto without them being a little uncomfortable. Most likely, they would lose they damn mind. Same for me. I'm use to the ghetto. Junkies, bums and drug dealers, don't bother me. I just ignore them. Now don't get me wrong, I don't sit and have a conversation with them. I mind my business and keep on going. Besides, you can find everything you need in the ghetto in walking distance. Food, liquor, laundry mat, drugs, all within a two block radius. What is sad is that some people rarely leave those 2 blocks. The ghetto is okay to live in. Every once in a while you gotta get out. Only if it's for a weekend. And so what the stuck up white lady ignored me. Maybe she got issues. I know she couldn't live where I live. And to be honest, I don't know if I could live where she lived either. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet