Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I remember that skylight and hoping and praying the bright sun wouldn't wake me up... No matter how high the AC was, the heat of the morning always interrupted my sleep. I also remember looking up at the huge "school" clock and hoping the time was wrong. I didn't want to wake up and go to work. If I was lucky, I just got to sleep at around 5, then I would have to wake back up at 7. Even though I was exhausted, I miss those days. I've learned in life that you have to let some things go. All you have are the memories. It'll be 2 years in July. 2 years since I've known you and 2 years of us being on and off again friends. Now I think, it's leaning more towards off. I've moved on. Not too anyone or anything. Just moved on, and growing complacent with us not being in each other's lives anymore. I guess I'm a better person now. I've learned a great deal from that heartbreak. People are human beings with ever changing thoughts and emotions. And while I still don't understand where you went to, I do understand that you will never come back. I enjoyed the stress-free environment and the little tiny piece of heaven. No kids, no needy friends, no clients, no phone calls, no emails, no worries. And while just being around you was enough to satisfy me, now well, it takes a mighty big person to satisfy that need. In 2 years, my life has grown 2 times more complex and 2 times more busy. And the hustle and bustle that irritated you about me has magnified. No wonder we couldn't be friends anymore. You probably couldn't keep up. My daily schedule alone is enough to drive normal folks insane. I guess it's meant for me to be somewhere else in life. Underneath someone else's skylight. Cuddled up in somebody else's bed. Breathing someone else's being. And yes I fell in love, but you know what...Being in love with you has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's not a road I would walk down again. Well at least not anytime soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's not even worth the bad taste. Move up and onward.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet