Tuesday, October 26, 2004

"Work is Work"... At least that's what I was always taught. It doesn't matter what you do, just as long as you're honest and work hard. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if you're a stock broker or a garbage collector, you're still working. I do resent those folks who think that their work is more valuable then another's. Meaning, that they're more important because of the type of work they do. I wasn't brought up that way. My dad was a mechanic, and my mom is a unit clerk at a hospital. No doctors or lawyers in my immediate family. But still I respect them for their work ethic. Yes it offends me when someone questions my work ethic. And it also bothers me when folks accuse me of being lazy... But in all honesty, I can be very lazy. That's cause I'm burnt the fuck out! No excuses here, just straight up honesty. Maybe I haven't worked hard enough to fulfill my dream. Yes I'm human, and hell yeah, I get distracted. I'm trying to balance my life as much as possible. I have a 9 to 5, a son, a business... Hell, sometimes, one of them has to give. Just for me to get through 24 hours. And here's a hint, it's not my son, or my 9 to 5. It's easy for folks to look in my life and tell me what I'm doing wrong. But how often do they turn that judgment on themselves. I can admit all of my faults. I'm guilty of being a procrastinator, lazy, impatient, and mean individual. I'm not a soccer mom, and I believe in raising your child, not necessarily being their best friend. But I have love for a lot of people. I'm generous, caring and warm hearted. I'm friendly and very helpful to everyone around me. I believe in helping those less fortunate and lending my time to those who need it. I do believe the good outweighs the bad. For all those that only see one side of me, open your eyes, you just might make a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet