Monday, December 20, 2004

Sometimes you can care too much for a person. You can fall in love with a shadow. A shadow of a relationship. A mirage or a fantasy. But realistically speaking, you are bound to not interfere with their lives. Simply because you care too much to act on your own emotions. I can speak all day on what's good for you, but until you realize it, it's like talking to a brick wall. I can tell you until the end of time that I can make you happy, but if you don't want me to, it's pointless. And to be frank, a waste of my time. See I know I'm a good woman, and I know that the right man is out there for me. And when he comes along, then that's the person I will be with. All these other men out here are really just wasting my time. Because they are preventing me from being with the man that I really am meant to be with.

A real relationship contains many aspects. It's not just about love. It's about, love, respect, consideration, sacrifice, loyalty, dedication. It's about a genuine commitment to that person. And until you have all those circumstances, in my opinion, you don't have a real relationshsip. I have been friends with people, and it's grown to more and I've been strictly platonic with people too, and what I realize about most men, is that they fall in love with the wrong people. They care too much about sexual attraction and looks instead of what's good for them. Women fall in love with men based on how they treat them, not how they look and what they wear. That's why you got folks like your grandparents that have been married for 25 plus years. They fell in love with a total package. People get older, looks can fade, folks gain weight, but if you cannot rely on the person you are with to have your back, then in all honesty you have nothing. Stop looking to find the woman of your life, because most likely, she's already there. Stop thinking of a woman as an accessory and start looking at her as a necessity. A good woman is like a good car. A good car will get you there when you need it, always start for you, always be there when you need it to be. You don't trade it in cause it's not perfect. You keep it. But when that car starts acting up and becomes more trouble then what it's worth, then sometimes you gotta trade it in. It no longer suits your needs. And to be honest, some of these women out here, need to be traded in. Because not every pretty car is a good car, and not every pretty woman is a good woman.

Open your eyes people and see people for what they really are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop chasing him.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Jeri said...

Actually, I'm not chasing anyone. I'm ranting...

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet