Thursday, September 21, 2006

Priorities...

You know in life we tend to think that everything is so damn important. But in the scheme of things, a lot of those things are insignificant. When I came to the realization that I may lose my sunshine, well dang! I was hurt. Now don't get me wrong, I might still lose my sunshine, but all I can do is let him know just how much he means to me. And if he leaves, then he leaves. I'll be honest though, it would hurt like hell! That's my sunshine.

And when faced with the threat of cloudy days, well, my outlook on a lot of things changed. He and I had this interesting conversation today. We talked about just what it was that made me sabotage my relationships. Most people do. Something about self worth and self esteem...

I think we all get caught up in this "I should have because they have world". You know what I mean ladies. I should have a husband because she has a husband. I should have 2.5 kids, cause they got 2.5 kids. Damnit! life is too short and you can only deal with what God gives you. The life you have is the life you have. And some times you think that your life is shitty until the unthinkable occurs. And then all of a sudden you realize, I would give everything I have if I was just in this person's life again. We often realize that too late. We often put our priorities in the wrong place.

I lost a friend of mine last October. And you know what, he use to get on my nerves to no end. And I would shake my head, cuss and fuss, and think he was a nuisance. But in the end, he was my friend. And I miss him dearly. If I only knew that my time with him on this Earth would be short, maybe I would’ve had different priorities. We are not promised tomorrow people. No where does it say you are going to wake up in the morning. And the reality of life is eventually you will die. I don't want to live my life anymore with regrets. I wanna love too much, not worry too much. I don't want to wake up in the morning and regret not speaking my mind or sharing my heart with someone.

When I was faced with losing someone, my priorities changed. And who knows, I might still lose that person. But if I do, I won't regret the fact that I tried to make it work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet