Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Anthony Hamilton...

That's what I'm listening to at this very moment... I'm listening to his first CD. I like it... He sings from the heart and says just what is on his mind. I don't meet too many men that can say their true feelings...

Speaking of men... That's what my blog is about today. Now I know alot of independent ladies might read this and get offended, but oh well... I gotta say what's on my mind.

First and foremost, the mistake that a lot of Black Women make is that they do not allow a man to be a man. Men like to be the king of their house, the king of their relationship and the king of their woman. You have to let that man be king. No matter if he's broke, unemployed, if his stroke ain't right, if he complains too much, if he cheats, if he yells too much... You have to let him be king. And if you can't accept his faults, then you need to leave him alone. Your relationship will never work. Even if your man is not capable of a independent thought, you have to make that man feel like he came up with your idea.

Even if you are the bread winner, let that man be the king of his house.

Second of all, be humble ladies. See our men are the father of civilization, and this culture has taken it's toll on him. And when you meet a good man that's a little lost, and not quite living up to his potential, you got one of two options... Help him be the man you know he can be, or move on to someone that meets your needs. I'm sick of these women that always complain about their man, but not doing what they need to do to help him. And if you can't help him, then shut the fuck up and move on. You're with him for a reason.

Third, you gotta love that man. Love him from top to bottom. Respect his independence, respect the fact that he may need space, respect his opinions and ideas. Accept him for who and what he is. And if you can't then move on, but still continue to be his friend. Who knows you all might be able to try again someday.

And speaking of being friends. Ladies, we have to know the meaning of that world. Sometimes when you bring sex into a friendship, things get twisted. But if you were friends from the beginning then while the sex may complicate things, it shouldn't change the fact that you are friends. And yes we do have feelings and it may hurt that you're not getting any or not as much as you use to, but if you love that man, be his friend. It may turn into something, it may not. But respect and understand the relationship for what it is.

No I'm not the end all be all of relationships. But I've made plenty of mistakes. And some think that I'm foolish for allowing a man to be king of me. But that's how I was raised. I was raised to be independent, yet to be respectful, considerate, caring and affectionate to a man. My dad instilled that in me when I was a little girl. I guess it stuck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet