Friday, September 22, 2006

Sitting here listening to Donny Hathaway and reflecting upon life. And if you don't know who Donny Hathaway is then well I feel sorry for you... Donny always had a way of putting life into perspective... More then Al, Marvin or Otis... Well maybe not Otis, but if you're a fan, you know what I'm talking about. Never quite knew anyone that could sing a song like Donny. There are no more Donny Hathaways, or Marvin Gayes, or Al Greenes... Just don't make artists like that no more.

On a personal note... To those that read this blogger, you should know that my emotions go up and down. Part of being a woman and being human. Emotionally I flip-flop. Maybe that's because I'm torn. Some people don't talk about their problems. I guess I'm not one of those people. I have to talk about it. I have to get opinions and other's people feelings. That doesn't mean I'm not going to make my own decisions. It just means that I need to talk about what is troubling me... It keeps me sane. It must keep a lot of people sane, there are a lot of therapists out there.

So lets talk people. And if you don't want to listen, just close out of this page. Significant others... Hmmmm.... I don't think I have one of those. Well at least not in the traditional sense. Don't have a husband or boyfriend, but I do have a best friend. One that I call whenever I'm down, one that I talk to about the ups and downs of life. And when things aren't right with that person, well it feels like my life has turned upside down. And right now, shit just isn't right. And no matter how much I try to talk it out with him, it's not getting any better. And the reality of the situation is that I might just have to say goodbye. It's not what I want, but sometimes in life you gotta do what you don't want to do.

A lot of people don't understand my motivation. But sometimes folks just get underneath your skin. And eventhough you really don't need that person, you do need them. You need their approval, their love, their affection, their understanding and sometimes you just need their presence.

And because things aren't going right, well I find myself reflecting a lot. Thinking just what happened, and thinking how can I make things right. But maybe there is no making it right. All things must come to an end. And maybe it's our time to come to that end. Hell we had 6 years. Maybe our season has ended.

Thats a shame. Because sometimes you feel like you only get one person that stirs your soul like no other. And I'll be honest. He was my one person. (If you believe that sort of thing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet