Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I don't know how many times I have preached to be humble. For a long time I didn't know what that word meant. Humble. It wasn't until I pledged my sorority that I was made to understand that word. And ever since then I have been humble. Sometimes in life you gotta know when to shut up and let stuff happen. You can't always preach about what you know and what you've done in life. Sometimes folks don't want to hear all that. And telling your life experience to folks can come across as bragging. I often call myself a walking Trivial Pursuit game. I always blurt out little pieces of factual information. I'm working on it. It's just something I do. But it makes some folks feel uncomfortable. Sometimes I have to just shut up. It can come across as "know it all" behavior. I also answer other people's rhetorical questions. Bad habit. But I know it's something I need to work on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet