Monday, April 18, 2005

Life is too short...

A friend of mine told me that they were HIV positive. And as much as it hurt me, I couldn't help but think that life is too damn short. No one is promised tomorrow. And each and every day you live is a blessing. People fail to realize that life is not a guarantee to you. We are human beings and vulnerable to all types of dangers. HIV doesn't care if you are black, white, male, female, straight, gay, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, young, old, infect it doesn't care at all. And since it is disease, it should be treated like any other disease. We should prevent it at all costs. Because HIV is associated with a lifestyle, people are ignorant to it. They think they can't get it. They say well I'm not Gay, and I don't do drugs and I'm in a monogamous relationship. I can't get HIV. We need to open our eyes people. That's like saying I can't catch a cold cause I wash my hands all the time. It can happen to any of us. The only way to not get it is to prevent it. And most of us are guilty of not being cautious at times. I know I have been. It doesn't matter if you are sleeping with one person or fifty, that one person could be infected with HIV. Aids is at an all time high. It hasn't gone away, it's gotten worse. People are living with HIV because they have too, not because they want to. There is still no cure.

The news I heard this weekend has lead me to make some decisions in my life. I'm looking at life differently. Please love each other people, but most importantly, love yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet