Thursday, April 21, 2005

My son woke up early today. What a miracle. He never wakes up early. Every morning it's a constant fight to get the child up and running. But this morning he woke up bright and early, came in my room and requested to watch cartoons. I don't know whether or not he couldn't sleep or was he officially awake. He went to bed sought of early last night. 11pm to be exact. My son is a night owl. Always has been. Ever since he was born. And now he's the big 5, and has a hard time sleeping at night. I've tried everything to wind him down. He's just a ball of energy and well, he's not a morning person. I wonder if my slight case of insomnia has anything to do with it. Maybe he wants to be up with me. Who knows. He's a peculiar child. And from the second I laid eyes on him, I knew that we were instant friends. He looked at me like he already knew me and something about his expression was like hey, how you doing lady?? Long time no see... When he was a baby, he use to complain about seeing ghosts and spirits. They kept visiting him until I went in his room and told them to not see Naim anymore. They were scaring him. He never complained of the ghosts after that. Maybe it was a mental thing. Or maybe he's one of those children that attracts spirits. Something about his friendly nature and open mindness. Every parent thinks their child is gifted. I never thought Naim was gifted, but blessed yes...He definitely is a unique individual. One that is profound, and always in thought. And I often wonder what his 5 year old mind is thinking. He's so protective of his mommy. I try not to disappoint him, but at the same time, he handles rejection so well. I'm glad that my son is growing up in a realistic world. A world where he may not get everything that he wants. But he's still spoiled. To be honest though, he deserves it. He deserves the world because he's my best friend and the only person that loves his mommy unconditionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

High Speed Internet
High Speed Internet